Call for Submissions
The Living Arts Centre: Call for Art
Venue: The Living Art Centre, Gallery
Address: 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, ON L5B 4B8
Exhibition dates: October 26, 2019 – January 12, 2020
Submission deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019
The Living Arts Centre (LAC) is looking for submissions which showcase existing and emerging digital technology in creative and innovative ways for an exhibition highlighting recent digital artworks.
Artists, designers, and makers are encouraged to submit art pieces and projects investigating:
- how tangible objects are translated into digital space
- how technology is changing interpretations of nature, the self, or human interaction
- the current or predictive potentials for technology and how they are shaping the world
Possible project proposals could include:
- Digital Painting
- Video Games
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Interactive sculpture
- Coding based projects
- Digital Environments
- Speculative Design
- Research Projects
- Interactive Storytelling
Emerging and established artists will be considered. Works must be exhibition ready. If your piece requires custom or advanced set- up or facilitation, please include detailed instructions with your submission package. Equipment for works which require custom presentation and/ or controls must be provided by the artist. Works must have been created within the past 3 years.
- Visual examples of the project: JPEG, PNG, video, website or external online links
- Project description (150 words max)
- Artist statement (100 words)
- Technical requirements (setup and facilitation instructions of your project if necessary)
- Spatial requirements
- Insurance value of the piece/ equipment
- Send submission materials to: email@example.com
- Submission deadline: Monday, September 16, 2019
The Living Arts Centre will provide:
- Honorarium for all selected projects
- Exhibition design/ installation assistance
- On-site facilitation of your project during the exhibition
- Social media and marketing
- An opening reception with networking opportunities
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified by email by September 27. 2019 if their work has been selected for exhibition. Accepted artists will receive exhibition details including installation details, information on artwork delivery, insurance, and the opening reception.
For more information on the LAC visit: https://www.livingartscentre.ca/
Questions? Please contact Katie Micak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Submissions: Community Spaces
Artworks for display at the Living Arts Centre
The Living Arts Centre invites artists from Mississauga to submit two-dimensional and three-dimensional artworks for our rotating art display spaces throughout the building. Exhibition spaces could include but are not limited to, corporate meeting rooms, hallway corridors, and LIVE Restaurant.
Works by artists at all stages of their professional careers will be considered. Artworks submitted should represent a body of work with a focus on a particular theme, aesthetic, or set of concerns.
Artworks can be for sale while on display if the artist chooses.
Works will be displayed for a minimum of 3 months, with the Living Arts Centre’s option to extend up these exhibitions to 6 months.
We are accepting; photographs, drawings, paintings on paper, collage, prints and digital works on paper, ceramics, jewelry, textiles, and craft in the following dimensions:
- 2D works in a minimum size of artwork 8"x10" to a maximum of 16”x20 (frames provided)
- 3D works cannot exceed 12”(l) x 12”(w) x 24”(h)
- Works on canvas will only be considered for display in LIVE Restaurant only; dimensions variable
- Artist statement (max. 150 words)
- Current CV
- 5 images (jpegs, 72 dpi. Each image must not exceed 200KB)
- Image list: Word document listing artist’s name, title, medium, size, date, selling price, insurance value for each submission
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 10, 2019
Please send all submission materials via email to email@example.com
Notification of Acceptance: Artists will be notified if their work has been selected for display. Due to a high volume of submissions, only those accepted will be notified.